Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter

I have a certain lack of Easter stamps but here is one I don't think I've shown on here before issued by the Czech Republic for Easter 2008 of the Pietà, Mary cradling the dead body of Christ.  The stamp portrays a detail from an altar cycle of Christ's life produced by an artist working in Prague in the middle of the 14th century, unknown by name, who is referred to as the Master of Vyšši, one of the treasures of Czech art.
Happily for this theme I received a Happy Easter postcard this week from Eeva with its Finland Red Cross prepaid charity stamp of a beautiful bowl of daffodils. They are in full bloom here, in gardens, by roadsides, in pots, and to top off a golden easter time have been joined by drifts of their later flowering wild ancestors in the woods.

As I have a lack of stamps here is the fun card it came on of Inge Löök's Aunties enjoying an action packed
and cosy time in a barn painting hen's eggs for Easter, they are possibly still warm. 

Like the card I wish you all Hyää Pääsiäistä - Happy Easter

An entry to Violet Sky's Sunday Stamps II theme of - Easter - more Easter related stamps here

 

4 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

I is a difficult theme for stamps, I'm afraid. The daffodils stamps are really pretty!

FinnBadger said...

Great stamps, and all those umlauts in the at Easter getting would drive me crazy.

Bob Scotney said...

Alack of Easter stamp, maybe but you have definitely entertained us. The fun card is a gem.

VioletSky said...

Sorry about the difficult theme! But I'm glad you shared these cards.
Still far too early for daffodils here, sadly.