Sunday 15 February 2015

Romance

I appreciate the romance of stamps but don't have many romantic stamps however this year's rebooted 'Smiler' stamps have come to my rescue with these turtle doves.  It is unlikely that many will receive it on a Valentine Card as it will mainly be used as a personalised stamp but it would be nice teamed with the franking message from Royal Mail

and a delivery of roses
1992: Horticultural Exports
and later perhaps there would be a glass of champagne or alternatively some 
Champagne Roses
2009: 100th Anniversary of the Cinema
A romantic tryst  

2005: Whooper Swans
The gliding swans who bring romance to any riverbank whatever the day and who famously mate for life.

An entry to Sunday Stamps II hosted by Violet Sky, this week's theme 'Valentine Related' here




8 comments:

Mail Adventures said...

The champagne roses stamp has an original design. And the stamps about the 100th anniversary of cinema is a very good choice!
All these stamps are new for me, but not the postmark.

FinnBadger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FinnBadger said...

These are great entries. I am always surprised how different countries stamps focus on different things. Every year the US has a love stamp and two wedding stamp stamps, yet the uk does not focus on that at all (although I have to say, I generally prefer the uk special stamp sets to the US commemoratives).

Bob Scotney said...

Let's hear it for the whoopers! I have not come across the 'Smiler' stamps before. Great Australian stamp.

viridian said...

I always enjoy your stamps - great selection here!

VioletSky said...

I always think of swans as being so romantic (though I have witnessed them mating - not romantic at all!!)

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

The first stamp is simply sweet :)

Willa @ Postage Journal For Sunday Stamp: Heart

FinnBadger said...

This made me laugh. I haven't seen swans, but watching ducks is pretty terrible - very aggressive, and looks a lot like murder by drowning.